Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Da Bears

My guess is that my Nephew is not a Chicago Bears fan and that the title for his quilt needs to stay away from that one. Bears in Birch Trees has been a good working title and I am open to it shifting while it gets basted. Its interesting to me what happens when I do that.

It took me a little time to press and re-group. It is laying across my queen size bed, and while I haven't measured it, it seems to be a good size. The dark brown final border is not really showing up in this photo.

I took a close up of the corner for the bears. Its such cute fabric, and it was my hope that it didn't compete with the center stars and I think it did fine. I am leaning toward making this the quilt I try my hand at free motion. The borders are large enough to call for a design.

With the exception of the bears in birch trees fabric, this quilt top is completely from my stash and is a scrappy quilt. I really love how it turned out.

Its one step closer now, and I am glad to have had the time to work on it, which let me release the angst I have about having enough fabric for the Kaleidoscope quilt. I know it will turn out fine.