Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Lesson in Following Directions

Thought I might try another block for my second swap partner this month. Its challenging for me to make single blocks rather than to chain stitch them into a quilt. Yet, this is a very excellent way for me to learn.


This is a successful attempt at following the pattern. I've tried this one before both as a 12" and a 6" block, and what was different here, is the pattern maker included her personal tip or success story about trimming after each part of the pattern was assembled. Her tip made it come together the way it was planned.




This is an unsuccessful attempt with the same pattern. It is good enough to go on the Wintery Bed runner I am making for my own bed where no one will know or see anything that might be considered a mistake or an out take. It has no real shape when I look at it, yet done is done. I may give it another go and pay attention to the instructions. Its a laugh on me when I do this, and I wish that my mistakes would end up looking more creative or artistic.  

Its sort of funny that this happened because I was just musing to myself that I could make more 12" blocks for that bed runner, and here is another. Number 7 of 16 planned for it. I can see what happened and could pull out the ripper.  Its just as I wrote, done is done.