Monday, June 15, 2015

Shifting Seasons

Its getting hotter here every day, and as evening is at a place where it is cool, it is still 73 outside. I am not a fan of the extreme temps and have started thinking about alternative ways to make meals without cooking. I haven't owned a microwave in decades by choice, so it is not an option for cooking. Time to make more ice tea too. Its so easy to get dehydrated and having a pitcher of tea in the fridge makes it easy to fill a glass for a cool-off.

Its hard to have windows open with such heat, so the AC goes on and blows cold right in front of my sewing machine. I haven't figured out a medium temp yet, so am up and down in order to keep my core temp stable. Summer colds can be difficult. Luckily, I will have quilts to keep me warm as I hand sew binding.

I created another fabric box for one of the WTA's I am in (Winner Take All). The theme for it is 'tulips' and so I used a 12" square of fabric with a tulip print on it. I really like this pattern of all the fabric boxes or baskets I've made, even though it takes me the better part of a day to make it. Everyone of them turns out different and yet seems to me to be so useful in endless ways.  

No comments:

Post a Comment