Sunday, November 1, 2015

Scary Shows To Quilt By

Today was fun, from seeing store clerk's costuming, to attending the town Halloween Trunk or Treat event, eating out and then coming home to watch scary movies. Traditions.

The town event is interesting. When they first started doing this, the idea was to get the kids off the streets, and so at the time, more adults decorated cars and trucks and less kids were out gathering candy. Well, that has flipped with less decorated vehicles and more kids.  Even the cops were on a corner with a dummy crash victim. They all stood around looking buff and serious, but handing out great treats. I keep thinking how easy it would be to join in and then forget about it as time gets closer.

At home, I watched Bram Stoker's Dracula and then needed something else to tone it down before going to bed. Hulu always has new episodes of something. Starting at the beginning and into several episodes, I watched something called The Player, which I am not that sure is good TV.

It gave me a chance to sew on the findings and some buttons. One of the tree wallhangings is done. It just needs the rod and can be rolled, wrapped and tucked inside its mailing tube.

When I was out, I stopped at Walgreens and picked up a few empty boxes. My orange October hat will fit in one of them and hopefully the others will be the right size for a quilt or two.

So that's it. My day. Sacred Hallows. In my soul, I feel the connection between all the women in the world who have struggled for their beliefs, sometimes being persecuted, often misunderstood and even shunned. I remember. I feel them. It is my hope that they feel me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment