Monday, May 16, 2016

Patriotic Country

I was given some interesting fabrics by women in the Comfort Quilt group that none of them wanted to use. Some were horizontal prints, some were seasonal. They make it a habit not to use seasonal fabrics, which I actually enjoy working with on some projects.

This one had no pattern, just a quilt-as-you-go project. The inner panel is one of the horizontal prints just squared up, and then with 5" charms I pulled from my stash that coordinated with the colors. The outside borders are from a bandanna print they also gave me and is on the back as well. I am reaching up as far as I can and have my hands held out as wide as I can, so its a nice size for a personal nap quilt. Now it will wait until I need a comfort quilt for someone.

The other project I worked on, which took a lot of time is that purple and white table runner. The grid stitches turned out fine though, it makes me laugh to know that a person can shop at a discount store to find a flatter piece. The back is nice. It needs binding and then will be done.

I am not going to spend the rest of my life trying to gain control over things like puckers or wrinkles when maybe it is more important to accept what happens. Same for me when I look in the mirror. Sometimes, you simply cannot change what life brings you and that has to be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment