Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Basted and Tied

I brought Wild Cats into the clubhouse this morning and it took me three hours to lay it out, pin baste, tie and trim off the excess. It is ready for binding.

My photo on my phone still reflects my shaking hand, and the shot is so small I cannot tell if it is in focus or not. It is something I need to work on and will.

This quilt is done with a high loft batting so it is more the coziness my Son remembers from his childhood. It also means he can wash it repeatedly and not have issues with cotton batting. He wants that. 

I didn't know that tying was a legitimate form of quilting and believed that those made with ties were more comforters. Poly batting was something I looked down upon too. I am changing my thoughts and I am sure there is room for all the different methods. Each is a preference...a choice. And that is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment