Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Be The Love You Seek

THIS POST IS FOR THURSDAY. I AM HEADED FOR THE MIGHTY BLUE PACIFIC EARLY IN THE AM AND PLAN AN ALL DAY TRIP.

When I decided to make the FB14 quilt projects, I asked on Facebook if anyone was open to receive a quilted project from me as I shopped from my closet for fabrics and ideas. If they were, I asked them to include their favorite colors, favorite season and if they had a quilted size or project such as a table top, runner, a wallhanging, mug rug or quilt. Fourteen people replied. All of them gave me colors and seasons and NONE of them commented with what they might like as a finish. None.

Some have gotten wallhangings and table toppers. Some have gotten quilts. I did my best to find colors and seasons or holidays. For instance, this one goes to a former student. She rescues and fosters kittens until they get their fur-ever homes. I've made a few table toppers for her in the past, so this quilt seemed to be the next step.


The back is a back with blocks of fabric that do coordinate with the front. But its a quilt back and I have clearly shopped from my closet. The binding comes from a rather large chunk of material that is odd. Yet, because of its color, really fits well with this quilt.

As I look at my list of UFO's, most of them are really close to being done, so it will seem like easy-breezy work. One thing that has happened to me over the years is that I am much more gentle with myself about the projects. Its not that quality is suffering, but that in being gentle with self, I understand that there are errant seams, that the sewing machine itself, looses tension and sews backwards or just doesn't do what I want it to do.

The last of the FB14 projects is ready for basting on Tuesday and should go out in the next weeks. Others, made for Winter Solstice are completed and simply waiting for the season to begin. Its not that I am finished for this year because the MN WILD quilt and the GRINCH ADVENT CALENDARS need to go out too.

I feel the season changing and plan to get to the Pacific for September Equinox. There are many things out in my gardens that need work, and the house needs more than the house cleaner who comes in once a month. While I don't have the energy of a 20-year-old, or even someone 50, I do keep going with what I have. And that is enough. 

No comments:

Post a Comment