Monday, August 19, 2013

Scrapping

As I have told you, people give me their leftover fabrics and I have the pleasure of combining colors and textures to create something I value and want to gift to a person I cherish.

This photo represents my ongoing projects: Some quilters call this UFOs or unfinished objects.

To keep them from getting lost in the bottom of the container, each one is on a spreadsheet with who will receive it, the name of the pattern and the stages the project is in. I like to gift an entire family with quilts---one for each child and one for the couple. 

With about 30 family members, and my ability to get about 6 completed (though that number grows each year), it will take me a few more years to finish what is already started here.

And just like how life gets in the way of your best laid plans, there is always a new idea that pops into my head for something I want to create in the moment.

It helps to have the pattern pieces cut so that the extra fabric can go into the stash and perhaps be used in another and another way. So today is a cutting day...cut, cut, cut.

It reminds me of the three Fatas, one who spins, one who weaves and one who cuts. Some days I spin the ideas, some days, I put them together, some days I cut. And then the process starts all over.



1 comment:

  1. I'm playing with my fabrics today, going to my cupboard and pulling fabrics that might blend with what I have already decided on. For some reason, Flying Geese are on my mind. I want to do some Flying Geese pieces for this quilt but am not sure how to incorporate them. It will come... the Universe knows what I need and it will be provided.

    ReplyDelete