Saturday, November 2, 2013

Week #4 Reveal

As promised another reveal of what I accomplished this week. Most of these are gifts shipping next week and most would not see this blog. 

Here is one of the four collage-type cards I made for Solstice.



I've got so many papers and accessories that using them up as special projects is delightful. Last year, I made up Halloween cards. They fold into a nice box for storage should the recipient elect to keep them for another year or so.

The November and December blocks are finished for the BOM with the local quilter who is making the same quilt.



And next on my list for "Making Solstice" is David's Quilt.



Its a very simple 16-block log cabin that started out with scraps and adding the borders and center. I have a number of log cabins for next year too, and its so interesting how different they look. It might be a beginner's quilt, but for now, it works for me. His measures about 70" square for a nice lap size quilt to snuggle under.




Laurie's mini quilt is next. She is a cousin on my Daddy's side, the youngest of the daughters in that family. What an amazing woman she turned out to be. Her birthday is on 12/25, so I thought she might like this one. Its a small table top that measures about 18" square and is made using the Disappearing 9-Patch pattern.




You might know that I wrapped and packaged the Cardinal Mug Rugs without taking a photo.  

I am going to hold off showing pictures of things I made my Granddaughter until she receives them, as well as some of the other projects going out.

The first apron on my list for the aides in the Nursery Center needs pockets and ties, then on with the next one. Progress.

Here's the linkup to making-christmas-week-4 if you want to join in. The whole idea is to make a list of what you want to do before the holidays (I celebrate Solstice which is a few days before the mainstream celebration of Christmas). Then as you complete your projects, post photos of them. It is actually a great way to stay in focus and keep moving along. I have been adding to my list and really appreciating the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment