Monday, February 29, 2016

Taking Inventory

When I was a child, someone told me that we don't just go out and get a life. We live one. Start to finish, full out, living large and taking risks. I am not sure if that person was a teacher, a family member or some wise sage in my life at the time. Regardless, it was the kind of advice I lived by and contributed to my inability to slow down and even to rest. Even today, I don't think I do much in moderation or walking that middle path.

I have to trick myself into sitting still and into believing that healing is the task at hand.

I've been coloring, embroidering & watching documentaries. All in the attempt to keep myself still and allow the inner knee ligament time to heal. It is only Week #2 and already, I am tired of sitting around.

I discovered that my bag of crayons is really 8 boxes of 8 gathered together to look like they are a box of 64. A few of the same colors are missing from each box. Because some are older, papers look different and even colors look different. I pull out a blue and it is the same blue I just used, as are the greens, reds, yellows, oranges and pinks. 

I am so frustrated that I want to throw them all away, but then would be without. That is a pretty grown-up response. They will be replaced as soon as I feel good enough to shop. Meanwhile, I shop from my closet, even with crayons.

And I am resting my knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment