Thursday, March 23, 2017

Peace, Love, Grinchmas Quilt

The BOM facilitator quit at month #10 for this Mystery. I am not sure if she had personal issues or was frustrated with the layout alternatives some participants posted or what. She just issued the last block, gave a brief summary of possible endings and was gone!

There were options for making more blocks that added to the two different ones already completed. I opted to lay them out as an A+B design and call it done. It comes out to a nice size for a personal lap quilt. Whatever plan she had for borders was not released, so fabric got set aside for it now waits for another project.

I used a beige with small holly on it for the first 3" border, and a flange in red as a separator between the first and second border which measures 4", and is the aqua Grinch fabric. Both colors are seen in the center of the quilt and coordinate wonderfully. I plan to look for an aqua tone on tone for the back to give one side a less busy look. It goes into the bin of other UFO projects waiting for my next purchase. I would like to finish three quilts before the holidays to get them shipped as gifts this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment