Saturday, April 1, 2017

Cat Quilt

I put two borders on the Scrappy Cat quilt, and love how it turned out. It was an easy pattern, and used up a lot of scraps. I did add another row of cats to make it as long as it is. Unfinished it lays across my queen size bed.


It was necessary to purchase the green focus fabric for the outside border & binding. While I was at the store, I bought a small floral green & pink on a light aqua background fabric to finish the back as well. It is pieced and ready for basting.

Claudia sells brighter fabrics at 5 Heart Quilts & carries a lot of floral and geometric prints. Debbie's sells more muted tones and has a lovely wall of batiks. Claudia has an art degree and a real eye for matching. In this case, she led me to a green, and said green reads as a neutral. The leafy print does remind me of the Plant Nation where every color fits. I love how the quilt looks.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment