Monday, May 1, 2017

Mug Rug Swap

The guidelines for the mug rug swap said to send the Mug Rug & a small gift. That is a challenge when the partner doesn't reveal herself and answer group questions. This is the second time I joined a swap and had a partner who was quite private. That means a bit of guessing on my part. 

I am not the kind of person who wants to stalk. Her profile on Facebook didn't offer many more clues. I see she is married and some of the swappers identify their partners as joining them for coffee or tea, and she did not. So what I did was to make a second mug rug and use her first initial and use brighter fabric. It turned out cute, and I am not going to start looking for what else I might have done.

We hesitate sharing who we are, whether it is online or even in person. Online, we are afraid of identity theft or being scammed. I get that. And in our personal lives, we are afraid of not fitting in when we share too much or being judged. I get that too. And when we do operate out of fear, I think we hope, hope, hope that someone in our lives relates to us out of love. I get that.


No comments:

Post a Comment