Monday, June 25, 2018

Round 6 Done

Ok, ok. I skipped a round and am working right now to figure out colors for Round 5. It is a block that sits in the center of all four sides and needs to balance out what has gone before.

This round of 4 blocks seems close enough to the previous one. One of my first quilt teachers suggested using one of the colors in a previous block whenever I make a sampler quilt. I did that. This total round of blocks will be yellow-green where the center of the quilt has reds-pinks-teal. There is a bit of teal left and I may cut it for one of the small borders. I still find it hard to lay out scrappy colors even though they do go together, the final look is what matters. All the fabrics were selected when I first started the quilt and should coordinate. Should. 

The other quilting project is basting the anniversary Log Cabin. I found a suitcase roller to bring it back home from the clubhouse rather than to carry the weight of it on my shoulder in a bag more than 2 blocks away.

In the midst of my life, a dear Aunt passed on Saturday. She was quite instrumental in how I think about things, even how I got into fabric arts. I cannot go back for the funeral. They are for the living anyway. But here I want to claim my love. Her love. Things change don't they?

No comments:

Post a Comment