Saturday, October 12, 2013

Making Christmas/Winter Solstice 2013

Janine at Rainbow Hare is having a link up of people who want to make various things for Christmas. My holiday is on Winter Solstice, so I have a few days less to work. My list is on the side bar, and there is no need to repeat it here. It might look ambitious however, most things were started and simply need finishing and shipping out.



I've not done this (obviously new to blogging) and want to fill up the spaces at the end of the year for some fun quilting projects. My family lives in MN so once my gifties are sent to the Sons and their families, the mad rush of planning, working and wrapping is over for awhile.

I love lists and working off them. It keeps me mentally balanced, emotionally elevated and spiritually charged. I think I started being this organized when I worked for a company long out of business and was given one of those amazing DayPlanners as a time management tool. Back in those days, I had to block time out in 15-minute increments and stay on top of offices in every state in the US, work with vendors and clinicians, plus administer activities for all 50 home office employees. 

Its not about forgetting to do something as much as it is seeing what there is to do and then having the satisfaction of completing it.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a good list! Some smaller projects in there too which definitely makes it do-able! ;) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am looking forward to learning more from you! I did change my subtitle on this blog to say I would update on Saturdays. Thanks for the idea.

      Delete
  2. Definitely with you on the satisfaction of seeing something completed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up with Making Christmas. I love your winter picture above and I'm looking forward to following your blog and seeing your sewing projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list and I can't wait to see your finishes!
    List are the best for keeping me on track too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. loved looking at your blog...cute, cute, cute baby. What a fun carrier you made.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for doing your updates on Saturday -- I often get busy and forget to check your blog. Now, I can make it a Saturday habit!

    ReplyDelete