Monday, March 17, 2014

Monday at CQ

Once a month a small group of under 20 quilters meet for several hours to make comfort quilts. It takes me about half an hour to drive from Tehachapi to Stallion Springs. 


 Its a lovely way to quilt, to chat, and to be of service. I met some of these quilters when I first started taking quilting lessons in town. They told me about the group and still I hesitated to join. 

I am not a fan of meetings. I am not sure if I am borderline ADHD, but clearly my attention wavers whenever talking business, discussing, processing and making attempts to negotiate get heard, argued, and then tabled to be discussed again next time. Usually I am silent.

I just want to quilt.


When I resigned from my other teaching and meeting obligations, I was a bit more open to these group meetings. There is always something going on at one of the tables that highlights various stages of quilting. Lots to learn.

Quilters are more than willing to demonstrate what they know. I brought home materials for another few tops that I will make before the next one in April. 

On the way home, I stopped in a shop and bought a long skirt and top to wear to Baylee's grad party. Glasses, the airfare and now the outfit. I am set to visit MN/WI in June. Now back to hand quilting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment