Thursday, April 21, 2016

Clubhouse Still Closed

It was disappointing to stop in and find it under construction. That means figuring out how to keep quilting with various projects. The way it is now, I have a backlog of projects to baste. 


I am going to see what I can do on my floor space. There is only one of the projects that I have a deadline for and its not even finished. Both of these bins are ready for the next step and one only I can take it all to that next step.

Sometimes we have to decide what is really important and learn to distinguish between what is essential and what we really do not need.

With most of life, though we want to think we are in charge, someone else makes choices that directly affect us. All the time. They choose what is right for them, and if we are affected, then we have to choose our next steps, sometimes working around those other-person-choices.

When I went to the clubhouse yesterday, I saw all the kitchen cabinets, drawers, and stuff all out on the tables in the great hall. I have no idea what their plan is, who is doing the work or when I can get back into use the facility.


I've got batting. I measured projects and started with something manageable to baste on the floor, and perhaps cut other smaller projects to get going again. First, the loose threads need to come off, pressing and then its a go. Two of them measure within inches of the width, so I am going for it with those two first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment