Monday, April 25, 2016

Golden

One of the 12 Days of Christmas presents I received last year was a charm pack of Golden 5" squares. Lovely, lovely. And one of the FB14 friends is getting a square table topper made with the charms and the Lil Twister.


I love how it turned out, and came up with an idea for the label placement on the back as I was hand stitching the binding. If I put it in the center of the back, the piece can still be reversible and she can set something (like a candle or vase) over the label in the center. Where it doesn't work is if she wanted to use it over a chair. Then only the top works.


Therefore, I am not sure I like it yet, and can simply rip off the seams and put it in one of the corners the way most are done. I really like the idea of being able to use both sides.

And I am tickled to use what is in my closet! I found a piece of blue that goes nicely on the Birthday Table Runner, and have started to machine quilt echo stitches. Blue wasn't my first choice, but it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment