Saturday, January 7, 2017

Progress

I always laugh when I see the quote: "Psychotics think 2 + 2 = 5. Neurotics know that 2 + 2 = 4, but they cannot stand it." It is always frustrating to see two different answers to a situation when we want it both ways. Its a good idea to check out priorities when quilting.

I decided to re-do the first pink/gray block after seeing the photo I took for the blog, and like how I made a diagonal row of black fabrics on it. Also, as I look at this one, and even though it is a mystery called 'Falling Stars' which I renamed to "Rising Stars', I cannot trust that every block will have a star in it. If it does, however, my choice is to do them in white for consistency.

Then the next thing I did was to add borders to the Tabletop for an exchange. At first I thought it would be better to wait for the binding on it to be finished. It is ready for the hand work and is in black. But this shows the next step. It is machine quilted as well.

Then the third thing was to finish the bottom row of this ROM (row of the month) quilt. Everything I am doing is scrappy and this appliqué work is getting easier. I think that next month will be a 6" block row if the pattern continues, followed by the last of the 4 Seasons. Its not my favorite style of quilts but I do like it. 

I made an appointment at the clubhouse on Monday to work on the final steps to one of the 'book-to-quilt' baby quilts. Everything is ready for it and that day, I'll stretch it across the tables, add the batting and top, then pin to secure, but before taking it off the table, I want to tie it with some yellow yarn from a closet bin. All that will be left on it is the binding. It will take more than a couple of hours but so much less than if I tried to do it here on the floor for the right space. Pictures from the work on Monday to follow.

Sunday's trip into Little Tokyo, LA is primarily to see the first arrow of the year hit the barrel of sake, and see the streamers come raining down in the background. Entertainment on stage just before is always exquisite. Also, because I go early, there is a Chinese New Year of the Rooster celebration at the museum, and then lunch at a local restaurant. Three hours to LA, 3 back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment