Saturday, October 6, 2018

Merry & Bright

While I did piece the next block, it isn't trimmed. I've joined it to one of the setting blocks. Next one that is released for this row, I want to use more of the traditional red & green.

Today, at the Post Office, was very challenging. I shipped out two quilts and a simple envelope to one Niece. Should have been an in and out event. Should have been.

At first, the clerk wanted to charge $55 to send the box by priority mail. It could not be smashed down to the large flat rate box. When I balked, he said it would be less to send it by ground. Ground takes longer, and sometimes when I have opted for that way, it gets there sooner than the priority shipments.

However, I needed a different label. In re-doing the address, I wrote the wrong half of the street address, and his 'search' wouldn't accept it or give a zip code. No zip, no ship.

In order to call to get the correction, I had to leave the building for better reception, and got a friend who could give me the zip and correct address. Going back inside, I had to stand in line AGAIN. The ground fee, signature & new label (79 cents) came to $26.59.

I surrendered the entire experience. I've found too much stress and anxiety building in me lately and decided I needed to rest, and to get outside to be in the gardens. Weather has turned colder, much colder now. I can see some of the more fragile plants curl from Winter's Breath.

Me. Well, I want to cuddle under afghans and quilts, drink tea and eat soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment