Saturday, December 15, 2018

A Week For Cookies

My younger Sister is the cookie baking expert in our family. She takes the best of photos, has the most variety of cookies to share, and outshines even Martha Stewart. Notice the tray is more for 4th of July than for the December holidays. I have winter dishes...just not set in place for PR here.

These are what is left, either broken or extra, after packing 8 boxes and shipping them out yesterday. The green trees are lime shortbread, the Oreos are simply coated with a thin layer of chocolate and sprinkles added, the balls are also dipped into white chocolate with crushed peppermint, and finally chocolate chips. There was more, like Anise strips and fudge. Enough to make it into boxes perfectly without leaving more for me to eat. 

My last venture is to make the Italian dolci or sweets. Those only go to my Sons, and if there is extra, to 2 Granddaughters who don't live with their parents any more. They can ship even at New Years.

And now, after some cleaning in the kitchen, I can get back to the quilting projects that wait, wait, wait. 

I have to say my spiritual practices have been on hold too. That is a bold admission because everything I do has a spiritual component to it. 

Not so much lately. My faith has been challenged of late. Sometime, I think it is because my life force energy diminished over time and I just realized I got older. Older means not having the stamina, the strength, the passion of a younger woman. Even 5 years made a difference.

I do less because I just don't care about a lot of the minutia. I find that trying to please others or do what I think they want, doesn't cut it. They don't want what I think they do. I have to ask, to listen and to respond accordingly. I know I am not in control of things.
 

What is huge for me is saying what I want or need and having someone listen TO ME. What I am really aware of is that when you get older, you become invisible. Yes, even to people you love who love you. For the most part, it starts with all of us denying the reality of aging. The aging person denies it and everyone around them does too. No one wants to believe the end of days is coming even if it is 14 years from now.

When I baked this year, I wanted to use up bottles of sprinkles for the cookies, so that is why I did the Oreo cookies. I made fudge to use up chips. All this stuff!!!

Well, I need to get back to work here and figure out what is on the quilting 'to-do' list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment