Monday, December 3, 2018

Holiday Pressures

Yesterday was Target's 10% off sale on Gift Cards. I got them. However, it was not easy to switch what I wanted to what they offered. I ended up getting plastic cards that will be delivered on Friday the 14th and next, need to be mailed to the recipients. I still need to get some email-delivered gift cards, which are safer to send. I had planned to mail everything with cookies so there was only one delivery to a household, cookies that would go out on the 10th.

This is the thing in life about having the best of plans that cannot manifest if others have a different agenda. Sometimes people will negotiate and other times, I am the one who needs to accept the differences and go on with the reality life gives.

Meanwhile, my quilting projects have been on hold. The last pattern is out for the Merry & Bright quilt-along, and another two block patterns were released for the Solid Colors BOM Mystery. I have the 3rd step for the Testing BOM to do. Oh and yes, the Graduation quilt in Yellow. Things will suddenly slow down and energy will shift as soon as the gift-card issues are resolved.

Its like the wind here. It is quiet this morning and most of the leaves have fallen so I can get outside to rake. Everything has its season or perfect timing. I need to be patient and rather than resist things happening that don't fit into my plan, I need to do what I can when I can while I can. Nothing lasts forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment