Sunday, January 24, 2016

Keeping It A Surprise

I have a friend in WI, Rex. She is an extremely skilled fabric artist and raises her own silkworms, spins what they give her. She is also skilled with paints and colors, and even teaches. She gets interested in endless things and doesn't just try them out, she excels in what she does. So when she signed up for the 'Facebook 14', I was more than a little intimidated. 

I found a 'kit' of coordinating fabrics with an idea for a project. And while I am working on it, I know she reads this blog, and I would like what I am making for her to be a surprise, so do not want to take pictures of it until she has it in hand.

My Great-Nieces got their quilts with a Saturday delivery, and so I did post the photos. The grrlie-grrls were not expecting quilts, but I understand it is snowing up storms in Minnesota lately, and feels like 17 degrees Fahrenheit, so quilts will come in handy and warm their beds.

Meanwhile, the last block of the BOM was released today. It is called a 'Gaggle of Pinwheels' and is busy enough to make my head spin. I have yet to finish another one of them that has those HST or Half Square Triangles. I am not fond of how much work they take. This one is scary! I have half a mind to make a 'Dresden Plate' block as a substitute. I keep thinking I want to make this quilt larger by adding more blocks to push it from 12 blocks to 16. Still thinking on that. It needs to be finished when I fly back to MN in early June. I cannot wait around trying to decide but have to pull out all that fabric and take some measures to see if there is enough to do what I want with it. AND it will need backing fabric.

No comments:

Post a Comment