Friday, May 13, 2016

Piecing the Batting

There is always some leftover batting after basting quilts. There are two ways (that I know of) to join it so it can be used rather than tossed. One is iron-on tape, which works for smaller projects, and for the larger pieces dedicated to larger projects, I like to run it through a zig-zag stitch on the machine. I got batting placed between two tops and bottoms. Two projects.


Then, I was able to make the first piecing on another one of the FB14 projects. It is planned for the Twister template, and the next step is to add borders so that it can be cut, pinned and pieced. It makes me smile to know that there is magick to be seen with that next step making the squares transform.

There are two more quilts ready to baste, so I am headed back into the clubhouse to do this part of the quilting work. Of course, that means finding storage space for them and then giving myself time to machine quilt again. I am loving this serpentine stitch which looks almost like a mini-free motion stitch. As long as it does the job of securing the seams, it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment