Sunday, May 8, 2016

Reds!

I decided to pre-wash the red sampler graduation quilt this morning. I had pre-washed all the fabrics with color catchers before making the quilt.

This is what happened. The greens in it, both sashing and within some blocks, turned tea-stained, which I would not have chosen for it.



And interestingly, I was less pleased with the green than I thought I would be, so this was a pleasant surprise. Thing is, the color didn't set in the same all around the sashing and in some places a sort of green tint shows through. Like green tea. It is what it is now anyway. She will not have seen the original green, and will only know it like this and will be pleased. It actually seems to soften it and with all the bright in it, that is not a bad thing.

I'll give it a light press and then package it for shipping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment