Tuesday, September 6, 2016

And the Season Shifts

While I am finishing up several quilts that are all ready to be basted, machine quilted and have binding added, I know that I will want to spend time with smaller projects before year end.
 
I really enjoy Swap-bot because of all the ideas I get to create and share. Last night I made a list of these things and started to pull fabric from bins in my closet. Sometimes, I make these items for family. Its pretty inspirational.

What I have ready to make are first: A Hallows apron. My simple FQ pattern uses up several fabric pieces for the body of the apron, a pocket, a ruffle at the bottom and the waist band and ties. It is an easy apron to make, reminding me that I started aprons for my Granddaughters I have yet to finish.

Secondly, there is another simple swap is for a scary draw-string goodie bag. It has to be at least 4x6. I found a green fabric with witches on it. Not really scary but will do. I only needed help understanding the folding of the top channel for the draw-string, and I found an easy tutorial, complete with various sizes: easy-drawstring-bag/

Then there is Dr. Seuss. I bought two of these kits on an early sale and plan to make them for Nephew's who have small children. The kits each have a yard of fabric meant for the back. A spectacular print like they sent should not be hidden, so I decided to use another holiday fabric for the backs and use this print for other things.

The swap I joined was to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the death of Dr. Seuss. I am going to cut off one of the images and make it into a mug rug for the swap, and then if it turns out ok, will make some for small gifts for friends. The images are crazy-cute. I have a lot of small batting pieces and can use other scraps to create them.

No comments:

Post a Comment