Thursday, September 29, 2016

The last of the FB14

I am working on binding for the last of the FB14. Its a lovely quilt for a friend I met only a few times when I lived in Los Angeles. Most of us are care-worn walking our paths and often our encounters show us how to release illusions or expectations. I am not sure any more what happened in the brief encounters we had back then. Now we are Facebook friends and I don't even know what that means.

What I do know is that I put out a vague question if anyone was open to receive some quilting project of mine. She responded that she was open to receive. In truth I was surprised at how many folks replied (14 in all), and after swallowing hard and wondering how I would make them something, I got at it. This is the last one, even though there are several finished projects that are yet to mail. 

Its hard for people to say what they really want even when given the option. I might have made quilts for folks who got wallhangings if they said that they wanted a quilt. It wasn't that I thought the wallhangings were less than the quilt, but know that you cannot wrap up in one. Ah well, on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment