Friday, October 21, 2016

Buttons

Finished up the apron by sewing on the buttons, top stitching around it and sewing on the pocket.

Vince Lombardi was a famous football player and coach. Among the many quotes attributed to him is: "Fatigue makes cowards of us all." And I think that is what I've been dealing with this week. I used to be able to go-go-go-go so its hard for me to pull back and rest awhile. I have too high of expectations for myself.

The apron is what it is, a tone-on-tone for the front and a small print that reads fairly solid for the back and trim. I found two of the antique buttons that were the same for the pocket and flap. It is lovely. I guess that without having size measurements for my partner, this apron will either work for her or not. If not, I hope she passes it along. 

Last year my parter was literally dying and may not have even opened what I sent. This year, my partner seems to have everything. Yet, everything I got last year from that other partner was so deeply appreciated. I am open to receive and think that makes the difference when things come.

And while the first cuts have been made on the two holiday table runners, the first seams are also done and pressed open. Now for the second cuts so that the blocks can be made. I did finish one of the Grinchmas Mug Rugs, so 9 to go. Some of these will go with various exchanges in Swapbot.

I've been looking for a holiday stocking pattern and was sure I had some somewhere. That is my next project.

No comments:

Post a Comment