Sunday, October 16, 2016

Grinch Mug Rugs

When I offered to make Grinchmas Mug Rugs, I thought was going to make 6 of them, and now have less names. I hope I made a list but can only account for 4 people. Maybe I was making two for some. I also contacted one of my godSons who had expressed great joy at the thought but hadn't asked for one. So I asked him and he was delighted.

Making these mug rugs is giving me a chance to use up scraps. Scraps of batting, scraps of fabric and scraps of the Grinchmas fabric. First, The sandwiches went together, then I did an echo machine quilting stitch, trimmed them and got them ready to bind.

The binding also let me use up scraps. I wasn't wildly creative here and just went with green stripe with red trees on it. Now, they just need threads clipped and binding rolled for hand stitching. They are perfect projects for down time.

I am working on the final gift for the 12 Days swap, which is an apron, and spent time wrapping the first 11 gifts. I did find a box big enough yet it is almost too big, so I plan to look for one just a smidge smaller. The apron will lay flat and not take up a lot of room. I have all the pieces for it cut.

Interesting that both projects use dark green with trees.

Thing is, I leave for a two-day trip to Disneyland in the afternoon. Gates open for the party at 3 pm, and the non-party people have to leave by 5 pm, which is a perfect time to come. They are driving out so parking is closer, and everything a little less crowded. I've also got a private room through AirB&B and plan to stay the night and then go into Downtown Disneyland on Tuesday, leaving for home around 2 pm to miss the traffic. I've been trying to take it easy today, but do plan to bake cutout cookies for 2 of my Grandkids.

The Square Foot Garden forms were set up, the stakes, weed barrier and container gardening soil set in. AND THEN, winter veggies have been planted. It is looking so nice, and I really love the Labyrinth. 

I do not expect to quilt nor will I be posting for a couple of days while I am gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment