Sunday, July 9, 2017

Bound

Not the movie, though I love it. Binding on the Blue & White Log Cabin quilt is done.


It is only a twin size and I know I have made that size before, but holi moli is it heavy! I couldn't even take a decent pic of it length-wise, so this is the side on top/bottom view. It really looks gorgeous. I need to clip threads and then see if anything needs re-inforcing, and finally add the label. My plan is to ship it out next weekend. 

I found another background 2-yard piece of fabric that my friend in WI sent that will work nicely with the Disappearing 4-Patch pattern. I pulled out 8 FQ's that coordinate with it as well as a focus fabric for the border. This one is designated for a young boy, Step-Brother to my Great-Nieces who are all getting quilts next year. 

I am getting ahead of myself, however, some of the more seasoned quilters say that if you plan to give quilts to one or two of the kids in a family, everyone needs to receive one at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment