Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Disappearing 4-Patch

There is an old saying that says the race is not always to the swift, but to those who keep running. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by all the quilt projects I want to do, but getting caught in the magnitude of what I have, and becoming unable to quilt is not an option.

My intention was to use this Disappearing 4-patch pattern for the Purple, Red & Black quilt top I made earlier, and yet when it went together, it was busy enough as sewn. 

I found another pattern idea that used one color as the foundation and used FQ's for the other half of the block. I decided to make each block with only two colors rather than three and think it is busy enough.


There were two yards of a lime green tone-on-tone my friend sent me a month ago, and I matched it with 8 FQ's. I am not sure if it will need sashing, and set aside another lime green that is a different shade. 

This is supposed to be an easy pattern, but is so time consuming to do. Well, it goes out in September. The 4-patch square measures 9.5" and when cut and rearranged into the disappearing square is 8.25". This is one of those quilts that will measure out what it does. I think that is called a 'Piece As You Go' (PAYG) project. There are more of the green cut pieces to match if it needs more to make a rectangle. 

And as the Joker says,"And here we go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment