Thursday, March 8, 2018

Loose Threads & Borders

Borders were added to the 'no'-contrast quilt, and now I need to clip loose threads and make sure it is ready for the long-arm quilter. I have batting and a back fabric so it should go in to the store this weekend. I'll keep at it.

And that's the thing. Keeping at it. It is important for me to keep at this work. Keep using the scraps in the closet, keep making quilts as best as I can. Getting up in the morning and wondering what my purpose is. Really, that is keeping at it too. I have been trying to have meaningful conversations with anyone who puts themselves in front of me, whether it is family members, friends or strangers. Each person deserves my full attention and my ability to listen to them. 

No-contrast quilting is one of the hardest kinds I have done. Putting together the same values of different fabrics means much more re-doing of seams or corners, much more attention to the process or pattern. Like the lower block here, it is hard to see the work.

When there is high contrast or visible contrast, like with people, things really go together and make something wonderful. Well, I can sit here thinking, but I really need to clip threads. When I am done, I can cut the batting and back and have it ready to go out of my hands. Ready for that. Honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment