Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Round Three

I've never made a Medallion Quilt so joined a mystery BOM and pulled out larger scraps to make this one. This month, the portion of it had us make four corners in the form of tulips.

I don't have many solids in my stash so the small background piece I used has gold stars on it. The green fabric also is a 'dotty' print. The block came half an inch short on each block so I added a small border to one side to make them all measure 6.5".

I used to worry about that accuracy and came to realize that quilts are made with small pieces of fabric sewn together, so additional piecing is ok. And especially because they ALL needed the additional strip in the same place. It looks like it was planned.

This is what working a mystery is all about. You go with what you have, get surprised and learn to adapt to what is thrown at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment