Tuesday, February 6, 2018

So I Shopped

As I sat before the computer screen tonight, I could only think about all I had gotten done today and it seemed like nothing was quilting. I packaged the Venus Day cookies for the Grandkids and made one extra box for one of my Nieces. I took them and some other packages to the PO. I created a new Goddess craft exchange for the group on Swap Bot, chatted with my Neighbor, and emailed a Cousin.

And then I remembered. I shopped at one of the fabric stores in town. I didn't buy fabric but got a new seam ripper, some clippies, and some iron-on for machine appliqués. Sometimes I can be a snob when it comes to shopping from my closet first. Honestly, I want all people to reuse, repurpose and recycle. I refrain from commenting when I think someone doesn't because I really do not know what they do. 

Yet, the other day, I broke the tip off one of my seam rippers and needed a new one. I use those darn things a lot when I quilt, not only to unpick seams but to cut loose threads at the end of the project. They tend to hide so I like having one at my sewing machine, one on the table where I hand sew at night and another at the ironing board. They are $3 a piece so its a small convenience.

I didn't really need the clippies, having just a few more makes the difference in finishing the project easier. And the appliqué iron-on gets used mighty fast, so I bought 2 yards to keep in my supplies container.

And so no, I didn't do any official quilting today.

I pushed myself and am tired at the end of the day. Oh WAIT. I did quilt! I cut & pieced a HST for the next block on the 2018 BOM Mood quilt. Ok. Two lines of stitching each less than 5". 

So what does that say about me? I don't know and don't care. Its off to bed with me tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment