Saturday, December 10, 2016

Kicking Around

My task, for this moment, is to stay within myself. I am trying to learn how to measure myself or in fact, know myself well enough to acknowledge the effort and desires I put into all I do. Because I am 'finished' with projects for 2016, I can run a different kind of race in my mind. Right now, it is about planning for what I will do next year in 2017.

I woke up feeling so good. My cookie baking has turned into more of an assembly of ingredients. I am trying to put less stress on myself for this activity. Like everyone who tries to eat healthy, I don't want excess sweets nor do my family members. 

HOWEVER, we all crave the tradition, so each box will contain a few of every batch, and only one batch of this and that is getting made.

I think I have everything ready to go, and even brought home flat rate boxes from the PO to send things off without worrying about varying costs. I know what each package will cost and the plastic containers holding everything fits.

And then there is the 'to-do' list at the side of this blog. As I go through fabrics, it is easy to add things. And knowing myself well enough, I know that I have to keep busy on a number of levels. These UFO's are essential to finish but they do not have an end game for me in the way that all the other years did when I made quilted projects for specific people. It is a challenge for me NOT to have another new idea for another new plan that creates another new project.

I am really outside my comfort zone this year, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment