Saturday, December 24, 2016

My Tent Block

While I am not finished with this tent block, it is done enough for me to go onto other things, like other pointy things.

The first pattern I found was a paper piecing and this one was more traditional. As it was, I had a hard enough time following the directions and feel good just getting it done. I might have mixed up the inside flap with the tent inside, and then the blue background was of other scraps that were not that cloudy fabric. It was just complex enough for me to call it done rather than to take out a ripper and go for it over again.Somewhere there is a bear fabric that might have something I can use as an appliqué and also one for the top of the tent. I know it will be just right on the quilt.

I worked more on BOMs and have a mess in here, so plan to stop for now and rest. It snowed outside last night so just a teeny tiny colder in here. 

Ripping out the small details is like ruminating over past Holidays. ... best to leave them in the past where they belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment