Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Secret Solids BOM

I got to last month's BOM before the new one is issued later this week. I would have liked more contrast between the light and dark, but it was such a challenging block that I am declaring it done.

It has so much to do with color selections, but then not knowing how they will be placed is another part of the mystery. And I am using stash. That is huge. It moves what I have in very creative ways. The background fabrics are all the white tone on tone I could gather. They don't show up as strong in real time or real life, and yet you see it in the pic. So very interesting.

I don't know how this one will finish or what will be left of the various fabrics. I think about borders, and don't want to buy another fabric but am thinking about using the leftovers in scrappy borders to give it a pop and keep the concept. I don't want to make large quilts any more so need to be mindful of how that all works.

No comments:

Post a Comment