Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Template

Well, here I am getting nervous about how the mystery quilt will look. Today's step uses a template that gets cut out of more of the light fabric. It seems like there is a lot of use of that light fabric and yet, there is a lot of the medium and dark too. I will keep going with it and bet it will be simply stunning. 

I worked hard at selecting yellows for this that were true to yellow. Now I have to trust those choices and just get it done. This pic shows the dark and the light so there is enough contrast in my opinion for what I don't know about how it will turn out. 

We never know how something will look, whether it is a quilt or our lives. I've been trying to embrace the grief work... grieving my aging and its not easy. Its like accepting any loss. A lost love, a lost job. And you cannot run away from either losses. When I hear people talk about their losses, I get it. I've gone through most of it. Divorce. Empty nest. Deaths. This is different. Its personal. It effects health, stamina, energy, passion. So much. No one told me about getting older. Or if they did, I wasn't listening. Its not funny. Someone said I should write about it and be funny. I am not funny. This is not funny. 

I found a notebook that I started some time ago with the attempt to deal with the grief. No date on it so who knows how long this has been going on? Grief comes & goes. Simple triggers bring it on. I don't like working with my quilts unless I feel really positive. However, this is where I am at. With all this yellow, I am working with bright colors & for a bright grrrlie-grrl's graduation gift. Interesting, too, is that the notebook cover is yellow. Ah well, I move forward.









No comments:

Post a Comment