Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Shopping for BOM

This one is for a graduation gift for my #4 Grandgrrrl. She wanted yellow when I asked. I asked if she wanted a quilt and if she did, what color. Yellow. I shopped at both fabric stores in town before settling on these. I am not using a scrappy look on this one.


Fabric requirements suggest a good contrast between the light, a medium and a dark. The lighter one has light gray leaves and stems with yellow flowers. It would have been the background except that the pattern said that a print might be too busy. I shifted it all and will use the darker yellow as the background. I am behind on this one as step 4 is being released soon. I am ok with that and will spend time, catching up on this and the other BOMs that are going strong. As yellows go, this grouping serves my idea for the quilt well. I know that she will like it and has been one of the grrrlie-grrrls who holds onto the ones she gets from me. 

My essential tremors are in full force in both hands now, so hand quilting is most likely not an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment