Friday, October 12, 2018

Golden Harvest

While speaking with one of my long-time friends, I realized I had a PIG (Project In Grocery Bag) or UFO (Unfinished Object) that she would enjoy. It surprised me that there was enough of the fabrics to make both the top and back.


Moreover, this Rail Fence pattern is completed for one side of the quilt, and the Star also using the Rail Fence was started for the other side. I am going to keep making the Stars and let it come out random for her. 

There were no notes-to-self for this project. I don't know if I had someone in mind when I started it, nor did I really know what the plan was.
 

As a result, I am just starting new, so to speak, and simply finishing it for someone who will enjoy it. The Rail Fence might have been a front or a back. It is quite long at 104" so a seam can be ripped and the finished blocks added to the shorter width. I am leaving it until the other side is finished.

What I find enchanting about this project is that it is so easy to complete. I have no idea why I put it away. Such a mystery. However, the real Golden Harvest of it is that it is being finished. I understand why some UFOs are damned difficult to complete. They come out, and with them can be a lot of frustration. 

Frustration seems to come from unresolved feelings. The feelings can include thinking I am inept, or not having enough fabric, or not understanding how the pattern works. Or any other assorted feelings that simply stop a person.

Well, for whatever reason, this project is something that I am completing feeling quite neutral. I want to get it to the stage of basting readiness. That means I need to join some batting, and then take it and the Florals quilt into the clubhouse and baste them both at the same time. I am excited to finish them both and give them new homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment