Sunday, May 12, 2019

Mini Quilt

I joined a few swaps that give me freedom each month to participate. I thought getting a mini quilt would be like getting a doll blanket.

This is my current one.

It is made from 4” b&w scraps for the background, 2.5” scraps stems, 5” for each petal, scrap white for borders, black for binding and buttons for flower centers. It is echo stitch quilted, also a decorative stitch around the leaves/stems and straight stitching around the petals.

I need a dowel for the back, as well as to label it.

It actually took longer than one would think.

Next is the table runner swap. I’ve got that cut, also in similar colors. Then the June block with Orange.

I learned that size doesn’t matter. What I wish I learned is to take photos of the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment