Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Grad Quilt Finish

Got it ready to ship today and forgot the label. Tomorrow.

It is bright & sunny. I am surprised at how nice it is because those starburst points were difficult. Goes to show the power of long arm quilting. I was glad to drop it off. As usual, it took several nights to do the hand binding.

If there is a spiritual lesson in it all, perhaps it is one of trusting in the process.

I’ve moved onto a line here and there to finish other quilts, to working on BOMs, and the three swaps I am in. One of the things I am adjusting to is knowing my pace is slower.

Right now, my plans are in travel prep for June. I need to get my hair trimmed to handle the growing out stage.  I have my clothes and don’t plan to take much. The Grandkids get money for their birthdays. I need to print off maps because things change all the time.

My garden is lush. It’s at the stage where it needs little. Summer is coming and by then everything will dry to a crisp under the hot sun. I love what is there.

Years ago, I planned for this stage yet find it hard to just sit without pulling weeds. It is a lesson and one I haven’t got yet. My best lesson lately is learning how to nap. Getting there.

One would think....



No comments:

Post a Comment