Thursday, April 25, 2019

Motivation

I wish it was sold in a bottle. For whatever reason, I am experiencing a motivational deficiency. Its been going on for months and I have no clue why or how to kick myself back into gear.

I am trying all sorts of things. I joined a Fabric Swap group, and was successful in switching out some of my stash for some newer ideas. I have a few projects this 'new-to-me' fabric offers. I am mailing out the last of the packages for it on Saturday and then will leave the group. It served its purpose to refresh my stash.

I joined a group for a Mini quilt swap. I sent mine and have not received one in return. She's probably good for it.

I joined a block swap with an Orange theme. Sent mine and have not received one in return. This person is most likely good for hers too.  We got the May block instructions and I made mine. They go out after May 15.

Then, on the home front:
  • Stalled on machine quilting a twin size log cabin
  • Plan to add borders to my Daughter-out-law's birthday quilt, then baste
  • Need to baste purple and green lap top quilt
  • Almost finished binding a quilt, yet want to add some machine quilting
  • Need to catch up on one more BOM (am at least 4 steps behind)
My sidebar list is what I use to mark my progress, so the above list is just repetition. 

My windows are wide open and its very nice outside. I see lots to do. I'll go out a little each day but will never catch up to the entire garden, so focus on one part, the stepping stones. For now.

And that is how it must be with my quilting. I do what I can do while I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment