Monday, April 8, 2019

Shifting Groups



I want to keep learning, keep stretching, keep using the scraps in my closet. 
So to those ends, I joined a few new groups on Facebook.
The first one was a simple fabric swap. Those sub-groups included a swap for Charms...the theme was 'Whiskers & Tails' and we got 10 partners. 
I had enough to swap and received enough to start another "Oh My Stars" quilt. 
The second swap was for 'mini charms' or 2.5" squares. 
That refreshed the shoebox I have them and will brighten up some borders 
I plan to use them in. I joined the 2nd Quarter Birthday group as well as 
one called "E-I-E-I-O" and received FQ (Fat Quarters) that I plan to make
 into a house block quilt.  At that point I decided to leave the group. 
My stash was revived and the administrator started some unseemly behavior. 
It was time to go. I have a few more things to send in this group and then 
should be able to leave by the end of this month.

I joined a block swap between a relatively small group of quilters. 
They selected Orange for the primary color in the blocks for this year. 
(I posted the pic of the block earlier). Orange is the color for Leukemia Awareness. 
This community-made quilt can go to one of the Great-Nieces
 (My Niece passed from Leukemia a few years ago.

After a delightful swap for mini-quilts, I joined a group that swaps them
 exclusively. It is my intention to make minis and include them in the
 treasure boxes for my Grandchildren. It is a way for me to do projects 
that I put off.

I remain in other groups operated by Australian admins. 
Those BOM include the Solids, Something Squared, the Tester quilt 
project (needs a border).

Another Aussie designer offered the "This Little Piggie", which I have 
yet to start but have gathered fabrics for. She designs whimsical 
patterns that can be made from scraps. Just love her work.
 She has one with sheep that is super cute and a cowboy boot quilt 
that I would love to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment