Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Red Bleeds

I decided not to risk giving a quilt I thought might bleed. I washed it, and it bled. I couldn’t bring myself to take a pic of it. Then I discovered some help.

If you run extremely hot water in the tub and add 1/2 cup of Ultra Dawn, then soak the stained quilt for 6-8 hours, it could remove most, if not all the stain. Then rinse in cold and run it through the washer again in cold. I hung it over the shower door to dry. Those stars had been pink!

The pic doesn’t show just how white they are, but I am so much better with how they look.

I plan to do an echo stitch inside of them, give it a little press, and send it out the door. Then I plan to gather up all my red fabric and give it away.  As much as I love red, I am done with it.

It’s been a hard experience even though the quilt is somewhat rescued.

Then I sent out a Fall mug Rug to a person who won a game. She’ll get it Friday. It is cute and I might even make some more Tday mini quilts if there is time.

I did finish hand sewing the Secret Santa quilt tonight, but the house gets so dark, I didn’t take a pic of it.

Next is the Grinch quilt and an attempt to make a mini or two with a holiday pattern I found.

I want to stay low key this year, but am already feeling the holiday strain. I decided I will work on pacing.

No comments:

Post a Comment