Saturday, July 14, 2018

Hallows Scrap Back

I bought more of the black and finished the back of the Hallows Log Cabin. I also bought a gingerbread colored brown to make mug rugs. There is an actual practice called CHRISTMAS IN JULY among fabric artists, who buy their materials in June and have already got projects going.

Here I am with a Hallows quilt and still need to baste, machine quilt and bind it. It is only a couple of inches larger than the top but will work as long as I take time during the basting process to line it up. There are lines on both sides so it is essential that they do line up and if they go wonky, it won't be too bad a look. I will attempt to pin so they join in the center as well as going outward to all four sides.

I found a kids paper project that I used for a pattern to make a mug rug and did get a start on it this morning. I had to adjust the corners on the arms to make it work but did. I've got enough for 5 of them after cutting two WOF strips and some white for the background. They become a 9-patch. I want to make one up before going on with them, just in case it doesn't work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment