Thursday, July 19, 2018

Solid BOM #1 done

It took me three days to complete this over sized block, which used up most of two Fat Quarters (FQ) and some background to make it. I love how it looks. I selected blue & orange batiks, first because the colors complement each other and second because both are batiks and really pop together.

This is the first installment for this Mystery BOM so finishing it gets me caught up. The August installment will come mid-month. The leftover fabrics are being saved too. I found one of the early quilting books I got that focuses on borders. Scrap borders. The ones I made when I first started quilting turned out so good. This quilt may look fine without them, and conversely, might need something to tie the solid fabrics together. Its a wait-n-see.

I do have three quilts ready to baste now and have two of them loaded in a suitcase with wheels that I kept for travel. Gone are the days when I want to toss a bag shoulder straps and carry contents to the next place. This can roll with whatever weight is inside there and back again. I just need the time now. Meanwhile, I will keep doing what is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment