Monday, July 16, 2018

Mystery Surprise

I say this all the time that mystery quilts stress me out and then they become so beautiful. If only I could get this lesson in life...trust the process, trust the choices, trust myself. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

This is the first medallion quilt I've made. I pulled fabrics out that coordinated and then struggled with the pattern maker's choices of using red. I used red in the very center and kept grumbling about it from that moment forward. She used reds and blues.


Then, this last round asked for a small center square. I decided to bring the red back in for the 3.5" corner Shoofly blocks. It worked. I understand that there is more to come, and I am quite content with how this looks right now. It stretched me.

I am not sure why it was a challenge. Something new? Something beyond my skills? The mystery component is also interesting in as much as it is a symbol of trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment