Friday, July 20, 2018

Pin Basting 2

Its gotten hot here in Southern Cali. I took 2 quilts to the clubhouse to baste this morning and was done in a little over an hour. The 2-block walk home was stifling. There were enough basting pins for the job, and I plan to load the roller suitcase with the next two while these get machine quilted.

One of them is a Hallows quilt and will need to go out ASAP. I took out another Hallows themed quilt that was 2 stars short of my plan and re-worked it. The quilt pattern for what is pictured here is a 'Twisted 4-Patch' and has been in my closet as a UFO for many years. Hallows fabrics are incredibly busy and so I think I shuddered to how busy it is and never took it to this step. As I basted, I thought of a number of people who might like it. But I know that with a theme, people tend not to want to use it or keep it out beyond the holiday. I am going to do a simple channel stitch in black thread.

As I learned many projects ago, that the longer something sits unfinished, the harder it is to return to it. In one way, when I return to a project like this one above, it went easily as long as I didn't really look at it and get caught in the emotions that had me set it aside so long ago. The same thing happened with the one I worked out last night. There was a note-to-self with that one and after reading it, I decided to take a much easier route to finishing. I had run out of a main fabric and none of the fabric stores carried it after all these years. I did not need nor want the stress of trying to make it work with the written plan. I revised my thinking and am happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment