Thursday, December 6, 2018

And When It Rains

I woke up thinking I would get into the garden and rake. Well, the rain has come, welcomed after many drought years. Steady downpour, making the air wet, the ground even more so. I am content to watch from inside and hope that I will be able to get outdoors and take up the carpet of leaves.

The blur in the photo is simply rain coming down. The Labyrinth is totally hidden. I am not complaining because we really need the natural water. Obviously, this is a bleak time of year. 

Indoors, my Rico cat, old guy that he is, had a very bad day yesterday, yakking and the loss of bowel control. Goddess, he stayed near me in the studio, and had one incident after another, so I was cleaning and cleaning and cleaning. 

Its hard to see children and animals be sick and feel so very helpless. He has been laying in this bed barely moving except to use his litter box and get some water. I have simple things to do in the studio that will not disturb him and allow me to keep an eye on him. Sometimes the ones we love need to just be close.

No comments:

Post a Comment